Are you a couch potato or a risk taker? While the following lists are entertaining it does bring up a serious question for all of us. Which category do we fall into, couch potato or risk taker? We all know to be successful in life and career risks must be taken. We must be willing to get out of our comfort zones and into the realms of the unknown.
You might be a couch potato if you…
• Spend your entire day on the couch watching TV.
• Watch an exercise show without getting off the couch and count your viewing as physical activity.
• Cushions on your couch are severely worn.
• Call 411 for a phone number instead of getting off the couch and going in the other room for the phone book.
• Are on a first name basis with the pizza delivery person.
• Break into a cold sweat when you misplace the remote control.
You might be a risk taker if you…
• Think skydiving should be an Olympic sport
• Think riding a Harley should be a pre-requisite for anyone running for government office.
• Trade stocks so frequently your portfolio looks like the Rocky Mountains.
• Take the training wheels off your child’s bike without them knowing.
Have a faith in yourself and God. “God puts no limitations on faith and faith puts no limitations on God.” If you’re a couch potato today the first risk you can take is to become a risk taker tomorrow.