It’s great to be back and for those who have been keeping me in your thoughts and prayers I appreciate it and please keep it up.
1. A little taste of Hell? 102 yesterday wasn’t bad. Yesterday marked the sixth consecutive day we had temperatures in Alabama reach or surpass the century mark. Most of the time 90 seems unbearable when you factor in the humidity. But I must admit, yesterday’s 102 with low humidity wasn’t intolerable. Or maybe my tolerance has improved after a week filled of hell-like temperatures.
2. I’m diggin’ me some College Football Live. Ok, for those of you that know me it will not surprise when I say that ESPN’s new daily College Football Live show is now my favorite. How can you get too much college pigskin? My buddy and fellow Alabamian Rece Davis does a great job with the show and really gets us some inside information. This show is the best remedy for college football addiction.
3. Where does Rupert get these girls? Watching Fox News this morning got me to wondering…where in the world does Rupert Murdoch and/or Roger Elles, head of Fox News continue to get these beautiful women? Let me just say the weather reports keep getting better. Before you churchy people e-mail me…my wife knows I love Fox News and realizes my feelings of who puts the fox in Fox News, I’m not condoning the sin of lust however I am saying you should thank God for Fox News. 😉
4. Your actions are so loud I can’t hear what you’re saying. In my county today we’re voting on two major issues. One is for the city to continue alcohol sales and the other for a one cent sales tax increase to improve schools. There are very passionate people on both sides of the fence however, none can compitently explain their cause. The city has given three different figures on how much they’ve received since alcohol sales were legalized 4 years ago. The school superintendent has been way over the top on his presentations of the tax hike by labeling everyone who is against a tax hike as being against children. No sir, I’m not against a tax hike however I am against what seems an inability to correctly account for funding.
5. Podcasts are coming. The podcasts are coming and will include myself and some friends who are way better at this than I. More coming…
6. A must read… Since I have a short memory God gave me short books. Just finished “The Gift for All People” by Max Lucado. It’s a Christian book that gives thoughts on God’s grace. I believe in God, I believe in livin’ it and not thumpin’ it. Which is why I think this a great read for the Christian or non-Christian. The Gift is for all of us!
7. I have been reminded recently how we must look at the valley’s of our life as God does. God looks down out our problems from the mountain top and that’s exactly where we should be. Problems that fill the valley’s of our lives seem so large until we go to the mountain and look down, that’s where the valley actually displays it beautiful qualities. Something I always try to remember when facing trials, “Fruit doesn’t grow on the mountaintop it grows in the valley’s.”
8. Been breaking down the 07 schedule of my beloved Alabama Crimson Tide and I will continue to voice my opinion that Bama shouldn’t play Georgia. Why you ask? It puts me in a tough position…I have what my friends say is a man crush (?) on UGA head coach Mark Richt. I think this guy is one of the great leaders of our time. While I do admire Coach Richt my love for the Tide runs deeper. However, UGA doesn’t walk into Tuscaloosa with the hatred all other opponents will. You can thank Coach Richt for that!
9. Starbuck’s Venti-Yukon, no room for cream or sugar. ‘Nuff said.
10. Do teachers really get it? I’m amazed at some teachers who I come into contact with who do not realize the influence they have on a child’s life. They think all they should do is throw the subject content at the kid and that’s all. “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” ~William Arthur Ward